**The information on this page is subject to change at any time. Please read this page in its entirety to understand HFS' and your responsibilities in purchasing and using HFS products.**
The following terms apply to all products purchased from HFS. Certain products may have specific terms listed in detail further down on this page.
1. Mental Awareness - DO NOT OPERATE THIS EQUIPMENT UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL, DRUGS, MEDICATION, OTHER MIND ALTERING SUBSTANCES, OR ANY CONDITION THAT PREVENTS YOU FROM OPERATING MACHINERY --- Failure to do so may result in injury and/or death. HFS is not responsible for user negligence.
2. Legality of Use - It is your sole responsibility to understand the legality of your use for our products. Laws vary by country, state, county, and city. Be sure that your intended uses are legal and could not result in legal ramifications. It is your sole responsibility to know, understand, and abide by the laws in the place you reside. By purchasing an HFS product you agree that HFS will not be held responsible for any criminal or civil claims filed against you. HFS will not offer monetary or any other type of reimbursement should such instances arise.
WARNING: Extractors can be extremely dangerous, use every precaution possible when operating extractors. Always follow these rules:
☠ Always use in well-ventilated areas.
☠ Always check for leaks prior to use.
☠ Always wear eye and face protection, gloves, protective clothing, and respiratory mask.
☠ Always be sure extractor is grounded prior to use.
☠ Never exceed the rated PSI or Hg for your system.
☠ Never use near an open flame or non explosion-proof electrical.
☠ Never use in direct sunlight.
☠ Always use in accordance with local and state law.
1. Equipment Inspection - Before using your extractor, be sure to check the entire product for damage including cracks, dents, or any other kind of visible blemishes that may render the item unsafe. Do not use the extractor if any such damage is visible. Ensure that all NPT threads are taped, and all tr-clamp connections have gaskets that are not damaged or aged.
2. Before Use - Before using your extractor you need to perform a pressure test. Pressurize the system with an air compressor to at least 120PSI and spray soapy water or leak detection fluid on all fittings and connections. Inspect for bubbles, if any bubble form you have a leak and need to re-seal. Allow the extractor to sit for a few hours and check the pressure has not dropped. If the pressure did drop, you have a leak and need to re-seal. We recommend pressure testing before every run of solvent.
3. Proper Use - Be sure to use in a well ventilated area. Always stay within the acceptable PSI and Hg ratings of your system. Be sure to ground the extractor prior to use to avoid static electricity from igniting vapors. Do not use in extremely high temperatures, or in direct sunlight where gases can expand and cause pressure spikes.
4. Pay Attention - Never leave an extractor unattended. Keep equipment away from children and pets. Be sure your extractor is able to accept the amount of vacuum or pressure applied by your pump/gases. Extractor explosions can destroy homes or warehouses and surrounding properties, they can be fatal to nearby life. Using the outline safety measures will greatly reduce the risk of injury or death. HFS is not responsible for user negligence.