**The information on this page is subject to change at any time. Please read this page in its entirety to understand HFS' and your responsibilities in purchasing and using HFS products.**
The following terms apply to all products purchased from HFS. Certain products may have specific terms listed in detail further down on this page.
1. Mental Awareness - DO NOT OPERATE THIS EQUIPMENT UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL, DRUGS, MEDICATION, OTHER MIND ALTERING SUBSTANCES, OR ANY CONDITION THAT PREVENTS YOU FROM OPERATING MACHINERY --- Failure to do so may result in injury and/or death. HFS is not responsible for user negligence.
2. Legality of Use - It is your sole responsibility to understand the legality of your use for our products. Laws vary by country, state, county, and city. Be sure that your intended uses are legal and could not result in legal ramifications. It is your sole responsibility to know, understand, and abide by the laws in the place you reside. By purchasing an HFS product you agree that HFS will not be held responsible for any criminal or civil claims filed against you. HFS will not offer monetary or any other type of reimbursement should such instances arise.
1. Equipment Inspection - Before using your vacuum oven, be sure to check the entire product for damage including cracks, dents, or any other kind of visible blemishes that may render the item unsafe. Do not use the oven if any such damage is visible. Always be sure to check the oven's fittings for leaks, and seal threaded connections with TPU tape.
2. First Use - When using your oven for the first time, set the temperature to 300F and let the oven run for at least 1 hour. This will burn off any oil from the manufacturing process and will calibrate the thermometer for better accuracy.
3. Proper Use - HFS vacuum ovens are NOT explosion proof. Be sure to use in a well ventilated area, using proper filters and cold-trap systems to eliminate airborn solvents and flammables. Vacuum ovens require at least 6" of space on all sides for proper heat ventilation. It is normal for vacuum ovens to rise above the set temperature, then lower to it accordingly. If your samples are extremely heat sensitive please be aware of this.
4. Pay Attention - Never leave a vacuum oven unattended. Keep equipment away from children and pets. Be sure your chamber/oven is able to accept the amount of vacuum applied by your pump. Vacuum implosions can be fatal.
Oven Downloads Below