**The information on this page is subject to change at any time. Please read this page in its entirety to understand HFS' and your responsibilities in purchasing and using HFS products.**
The following terms apply to all products purchased from HFS. Certain products may have specific terms listed in detail further down on this page.
1. Mental Awareness - DO NOT OPERATE THIS EQUIPMENT UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL, DRUGS, MEDICATION, OTHER MIND ALTERING SUBSTANCES, OR ANY CONDITION THAT PREVENTS YOU FROM OPERATING MACHINERY --- Failure to do so may result in injury and/or death. HFS is not responsible for user negligence.
2. Legality of Use - It is your sole responsibility to understand the legality of your use for our products. Laws vary by country, state, county, and city. Be sure that your intended uses are legal and could not result in legal ramifications. It is your sole responsibility to know, understand, and abide by the laws in the place you reside. By purchasing an HFS product you agree that HFS will not be held responsible for any criminal or civil claims filed against you. HFS will not offer monetary or any other type of reimbursement should such instances arise.
1. Equipment Inspection - Before using your vacuum pump, be sure to check the entire product for damage including cracks, dents, or any other kind of visible blemishes that may render the item unsafe. Do not use the pump if any such damage is visible. Always be sure to check the pump's oil level, and add or replace oil regularly. Be sure that all connections are air-tight with no leaks.
2. Proper Use - Vacuum pumps will exhaust fumes, smoke, and spew oil; this is normal and part of how the pump operates. Always use vacuum pumps in well ventilated areas, or use proper exhaust filters and tubing to redirect exhaust outdoors. Vacuum pumps are not meant to run continuously and doing so will void your warranty on the pump. If you need to run the pump continuously, be sure to have a cold-trap filter inline between the pump and oven/chamber.
3. Pay Attention - Never leave a vacuum pump running unattended. Keep equipment away from children and pets. Be sure your chamber/oven is able to accept the amount of vacuum applied by your pump. Vacuum implosions can be fatal.